Advantages of Aluminum Machining
Aluminum is one of the most versatile manufacturing materials in the world, which is why it’s so popular in a wide range of industries. But why exactly is aluminum so suitable for CNC machining? Well, here are some of its main advantages:
- Light Weight. Aluminum is one of the lightest metals available, weighing just over 2.7 g/cm3. That’s very useful for transportation, usability, and other practical reasons that are important in a range of industries.
- Anti-Corrosive qualities. Anti-corrosive qualities are another significant advantage of aluminum, was it helps protect it from oxidation. That, combined with a range of finishes and coatings, ensures that your parts will serve you for a long time.
- Conductivity. Aluminum has excellent qualities of thermal and electrical conductivity. That makes it suitable for a range of uses similar to copper and other conductive materials.
- Convenient Machining. Another reason why aluminum is so popular is its ease of use with machining. The material is easy to shape, drill, and fold, allowing to create even the most complex shapes.
- Temperature Resistance. Unlike some other material options, aluminum is resistant to low temperatures, meaning that the machining process is more flexible.
Start Your Custom Aluminum Machining Project Today!
At 3ERP, we have two rules: 1. Quality is always the top priorty. 2. Try to do things right the first time
Our top priority with every client is to execute their custom aluminum machining project as well as possible, ensuring that even the strictest of requirements are met every time. Whether you have a small production run to test out a prototype or need to scale manufacturing efforts quickly, 3ERP has the technology, the tools, and the expertise to make that happen. To learn more about how we can help with your aluminum machining needs, please contact 3ERP for a quote today!